Friday, May 22, 2009

Not waving - a 50 word story



I shouldn’t have told Derek how much I miss swimming. Now he’s insisting we wear bathing suits inside and make breaststroke movements with our arms when walking. Today I came back to find he’d turned the sitting room into an underwater paradise. He calls me mermaid, doesn’t see I’m drowning.






(ps this was one of the gardens at The RHS Chelsea Flower Show this year - it was from the Cayman Islands and won the President's Medal for most creative. I just wouldn't want it in my sitting room, but luckily am not married to Derek)

2 comments:

Abha Iyengar said...

just love the photo.

Kathryn said...

She lay face down, forgetting that she was frightened of heights or that she needed to breathe. The ground fell away beneath her, unfurling a seascape of coral and white sand, filtered through the lens of pristine salt water. She considered letting her snorkel fill. Instead, she chose to resurface.