Thursday, March 05, 2009

Order - 50 word story



I tell her it’s not that I can’t be spontaneous. Make tea when it’s coffee time. Two sugars instead of one. But she thinks it’s funny to keep moving my sachets around. There are times to be playful, I say. When, she asks. When I say so, I tell her.



ps I'm very grateful so many people are coming to look at my little fifty word stories. Thanks to Cornflower Books amongst others for the shout out. Please join in with your own story connected to the photograph if you like, either in the comments section or on your own blog and send me the link. Otherwise, make yourself a spontaneous cup of coffee and enjoy!!! (if you click on the Fifty word story label or here, you should get them all so far. There are some great responses from other people in the comments)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I feel guilty twice over when I look at individually packed portions of tea, coffee, biscuits and sugar (but not UHT milk); not because of the excessive packaging and its effects on the environment, but because they belong to stolen moments in hotel rooms and on aeroplanes. I'm a thief.

pinkgecko said...

Only fifty calories left for the day. Definately no sugar, not even 'healthy' brown. The coffees look too fattening. Would perk me up though. No, it's going to have to be the Twinings. Mmmn, and maybe half of that buttery shortcake. Or maybe not. Oh,go on then.

Douglas Bruton said...

There were rules. Sarah thought them silly. Laughed sometimes, playing their game. The sheets of the bed turned just so. The trailing end of the toilet paper folded into a neat arrow. Sachets of coffee and sugar and milk laid out neat. And Sarah stole the biscuits they didn’t eat.