Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Where were you last night?

I like this story so much I don't care if it's true or not (or that it doesn't - as far as I know - contain any Sarahs). But it's about a concert where the guest conductor didn't show up. Just before they were supposed to start, someone remembered that one of the violinists had conducted the work at college, so he was seized and put on the rostrum. Despite everything the concert went well, but the next night when he took his place back with the other violinists, the guy next to him asked, 'So where were you last night?'

2 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Long time lurker and huge admirer of your books stopping by to say hi.
Hi:-)
Great story!

Sarah Salway said...

Oh thanks, Lane. Really appreciate that. And yes, I ove this story but I can imagine it to be true too!