Monday, June 09, 2008

On sneezing and shaking...

It's like a bad joke from a Sarah Salway novel (or would be if I ever wrote bad jokes, ahem) but I have developed hayfever and a sensitivity to pretty nearly everything this summer. In the meantime, Tally has developed a serious case of nerves. So when she comes near me, I sneeze. When I sneeze, she shakes, which makes me sneeze even more, which of course makes her keep on shaking. You get the picture. And then she won't leave me along because she's nervous.

So there we sit, the two of us, shaking and sneezing happily together - two merry English eccentrics. Although I am seriously considering this haircut for her as an option...

3 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Bless you!

Nik

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a chinese crested! I fell in love with the so-called "powderpuff" variety when we saw them at Crufts this year. Not as lovely as my beloved German Spitz mind.

Oh, and gesundheit!

Sarah Salway said...

Thank you, Nik and Mar... atishooo!!!!

Yes, Mark. It's a strangely beautiful breed but I think I prefer something a bit more robust.