Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Meditator

I've been meditating for several years now. A day without either meditating or writing makes me very angsty indeed, a day without both and you REALLY don't want to be around me. I can scribble or chant wherever I find myself, helped - on the meditating side - by downloading ebooks on to my ipod. However, this means how the reader sounds is all important - nothing worse than having someone who grates at your nerves whispering into your ears. At the moment, I'm hooked on Shakti Gawain. Her pink bubble technique always makes me feel ... well ... pink and bubbly, and I find I can relax the minute I hear her voice.

But now Shedworking has spoilt my tranquility because I have become overcome with desire for The Meditator. Mind, the photographs are a bit like those old Joy of Sex illustrations - nice idea, but the haircuts are more than a little distracting.

Gosh, I'm coming across all judgemental today - I am a Virgo so it's allowed, but I think it's into the Meditator for me until I've calmed down...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to hang a guitar on the wall as well

PATRICIA DEBNEY said...

Hello Sarah

Just don't think I could get comfortable here....What do you sit on, if anything?

Done the six random things -- good fun!

xxoo

Sarah Salway said...

The guitar wouldn't fit through the hole but it's ok, I've chopped it into pieces and then hung it up. It's always for decoration only, anyway, man.
You sit on a bean cushion, I think, Patricia. Stop being so practical!

Nik Perring said...

Well, on your recommendation, I've just downloaded Shakti Gawain from iTunes. So far, so good...