Monday, February 04, 2008

And more write ups ...

... here and here... I'm particularly interested in Gina's - not just because she came all the way from Texas (have I mentioned that, makes me SO proud) but because she talks about how nervous she was beforehand - so nervous she nearly left at half time. Now the thing is that I, and I bet everyone who met her, had absolutely no idea what was going on inside. She seemed so beautiful and poised that I didn't even think she'd be worried about reading. Just shows you.

Alex has suggested a button we can put on our blogs to take through to the Your Messages Amazon page, but I have no idea how to do it. Any clever suggestions?

And my writing prompt for today is ... The bricks and mortar were gone ...

5 comments:

jem said...

Glad to hear the night went so well.

And Gina is a good example of different types of confidence - I used to think that showing my writing to anyone else would be beyond me - now I'm happy with that, but reading it aloud is still a step too far. I stumble and fall whenever I try. I always sounds so much better in someone else's voice.

Sarah Salway said...

Thanks, Jem. Yes, strange how it feels so exposing to read your own stuff - I can teach other people's until the cows come home, but I still get panic attacks when I read mine. The trick is not to show it. It gets better!

trying to write ... said...

lol ... the fear - all of it -including the showing my writing to anyone has been there thru the whole messages process. I remember the first reponse to the first prompt. It took me forever to push the send button. I'd walk away and come back and be sure I'd do it that time and suddenly remember I had to go take the clothes out of the dryer, get a coffee, or check on the dogs (who were of course sleeping in the living room not needing check)

Thanks for the kind words!

xoxo
g

Anonymous said...

Those of us at home are so proud of Gina and what she has accomplished. It seems that whatever she touches is blessed by God. She is and has been a real mentor to many of us. I would have loved to be there to personally applaud her.

NL

Sarah Salway said...

That's lovely, nslu. Well, she did us all proud!