Tuesday, July 18, 2006




I'm me-e-e-e-l-l-lting here... but it could be worse. Just come back from London where a guy on the tube was reading a paper with the front page saying it was 52 on the buses, more than double the recommended temperature for transporting cattle.

And my writing prompt for today comes from my book of 52 Projects and is number 45, because however hot I am I can spend at least one minute writing! It is to write a one-minute autobiography and this is what the book says:
'Don't necessarily start at the beginning, and don't worry about the ending. Indeed, do not let any kind of chronological order hinder your effort. A good place to start is the first thing that comes to mind. Once you start writing, other memories will pop into your head. Go with them. The inneruptions enhance the flow. Once the minute is up, read over what you have written, and then immediately repeat the exercise. Keep going for as long as you can.'

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

I love the sound of that advice - is inneruption written that way on purpose? I think it sounds SO appropriate! - Kind of an amalgam of 'inner' and 'eruption' - cool!

Sarah Salway said...

Hah, I hadn't noticed that typo, but since you point it out, it's quite beautiful, isn't it? Thanks.