Monday, July 24, 2006

I love the book club I'm in with a passion. When I was new to the area and knew only one person, she was good enough to take me along. Can't remember what the first book we read was, but I do know I've made some serious friends. Move over Richard and Judy - our books to read for the summer are Jane Eyre (we did Wide Sargasso Sea last time) and Never Let Me Go. I was interested then in this report from my US publishers, Ballantine, of the first Book Club Conference. It would be great if they could do something like this in the UK.
And my belated writing prompt for today is going to be ... the babysitter's arrived. (that's my prompt not the reason for stopping writing this!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good books! Read NEVER LET ME GO last month - thought it one of the strangest books I've ever read. Really, really loved it because it made me think.