Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I can't remember the last time I've been so excited to get a book through the post, but today my order of Pug Hill by Alison Pace came from Amazon, and I was literally dancing round the kitchen. I love pugs with a passion my own dog, a border terrier, barely forgives me for, so as soon as I heard about this novel set in a part of Central Park reserved just for pugs and their walkers, I knew I had to read it. Checking on the internet, I see that Pug Hill really does exist, and I was also pleased to find out that the author Alison Pace has a blog, on which I read that she is about to speak on the emerging trend for 'dog lit'. If I didn't have to work today, I'd be in paradise, but sadly the pugs will have to wait until tonight!

2 comments:

claireylove said...

I'm more of a cat lover- any chance for the rise of kit lit, do you think? ;-)

Sarah Salway said...

You go bb ... I think you might find yourself a devoted audience - but what would happen when kit lit finds itself next to dog lit on the bookshelves!